Hong Kong never Sleeps

Apr, 2008 Hong Kong -
Hong Kong never Sleeps
1st - 8th Apr




Couldn’t believe that I was heading for Hong Kong once more! Miaw Miaw and I were overjoyed to know that we were going to meet up again! Indeed, this time it was a holiday trip for me. I hardly felt tired of my job, on the other hand I felt excited throughout.


First day, we met up for lunch before I left for San Francisco at night. Chiawin (my DOE senior) and Sue Soo (batch mate) came along too. It’d been a very long time since we last met each other. Miaw Miaw is always nice. She suggested to us that we could try the food in a restaurant in Harbour City near my hotel for our lunch and even the dessert that I’d never miss out in Hong Kong via e-mail beforehand. As what had been planned, we lunched in a Chinese restaurant - Crystal Jade in Harbour City. This restaurant is a bit pricey, but then the food is very nice, so it’s certainly worth it! The most important thing was, I was having my meal with nice people!



Our lunch would never be completed without our yummy mango dessert – Munkei mango pudding at Citysuper Food Court. Forgive me, in Hong Kong, I’ll have a craving for trying all the mango desserts. Sounds greedy, but then you will understand once you are there… Nice visit!



Second day in Hong Kong, was a tired day for me as I touched down Hong Kong from San Francisco very early in the morning, slept for about only three hours before I met up with Miaw Miaw for lunch and started our tour! She was pretty free those few days. Very sorry as I overslept myself, thanks for waiting anyway…


We took a ferry to Central and continue our journey by taking a bus before we bought our tickets. We decided to get ourselves with the “Ticket Combo Triple Special” – Madame Tussauds + Peak Tram (two-way) + Sky Terrace at $145 HK.


We had a quick and simple lunch at Delifrance. We then proceeded to the Madame Tussauds Hong Kong where Miaw Miaw not showing much interested. Poor she, had to accompany and entertain me throughout. You’re the best! See, the photos that you took for me are all so nice and funny! Good experience!



We were lucky because we had good weather on that day. We wandered out onto the sky terrace to have a great view of Hong Kong, an energetic city at all hours! Think I will bring my family to Hong Kong soon…



Third day in Hong Kong, was not easy. I had to take MTR myself from one lane to another till I reached Miaw Miaw’s campus – Lingnan University. The journey took me about an hour to get there. This time was my turn to look for them instead. I felt proud of myself, because I managed to find the ways myself in the end after much confusion. Haha!


I tried the food in a restaurant at their campus and I met Anne at the same time. Nice meeting you! Miaw Miaw then took me walking around her campus. I was casting back, it’s been almost a year since I stepped out from SC, I realized. Indeed, I miss my studying life which was free from care with a blithe spirit all the time… and now, I found that it’s so much different between studying life and working life. The world is being practical. My dauntless courage, endless patience and mettle are always tested exactly throughout. Every moment, there are more to come, more to fear, more to do and more to achieve! It’s always endless to meet and to greet with the coming up challenges outside…



Miaw, so great to have your company in Hong Kong. My trip became more amusing and fascinating just because you were there with me! Thanks for bringing Chiawin, Sue Soo and Anne to me, it made me feeling warmer to have you all around! Miss you…

No comments: