An Old Friend

Apr, 2008

Singapore

An Old Friend whom I've Not Met for Several Years

14th Apr


annie & khoo



khoo, ken ken & annie



I was not quite sure how I would feel meeting Khoo after so many years. It was about eight years ago. Khoo, this was how we called her when we were studying in middle school. I knew only she has given herself a Christian name called Carmen when she added me on Friendster few months before we met up. I rang up another friend, Ken to join us on that day. We managed to meet at Vivo City and then had lunch together. When we met, it was not too difficult to recognize each other. She’s one of those who are quite hard-working to upload her latest photos on Friendster. Her boyfriend was coming along. We kept on talking excitedly after our lunch. Her boyfriend was quite quiet and shy. Khoo, she had gained an immense amount of confidence. I realized in many ways she was far more mature than before, what struck me was the way she carried herself was very ladylike, no longer the very “man” Khoo we had known. As we got to discover each other all over again, I was filled with admiration for her. She was so positive towards marriage, one of the topics we talked in our conversation. We had really found some pleasure in this reunion after a gap of many years. Take care, friend!

No comments: