Cindy's Wedding Dinner

Mar, 2009
JB

the blushing bride

annie, carmen, christina, connie
cindy


7th March is Cindy’s memorable red letter day! My family and I were invited to her wedding dinner at …. Before I was ushered along the aisle to my seat, her attentive husband brought me to see the beautiful bride in a waiting room. Cindy was wearing a red wedding gown. She was standing very still with her anxious look. Her nerves seemed not standing the strain much longer. She told me she was feeling uneasy walking with the high heels and the gown was simply heavy. I then brought Christina, Carmen and Connie to ease her mind. There was another blue ball-gown to be changed just before the nuptial cup drinking section by our bride and groom later.



long time no see


Before the banquet started, I was so glad to say hi to many long lost friends. Some of them really flew all the way from Sabah to JB for showing due respect for the lovely bride and groom special night! How lovely it could be when everybody was gathering at the scene of catching up with one another. Each other, we all were so busy taking photo exchanging phone numbers and updating our current situation. My mind soon flashed back to some settings and sights of many many years ago before I left Sabah, a place where I was raised.



connie, christina, carmen

annie, my sis and my mom


My mom was happy that night. She watched every one of us growing up from being a child till today we changed. My mom could still recognize some of them. Especially those who always came to my house at Sabah – welcome guests! The night, they attended pair by pair happily. My mother was joking that she would receive another “red bomb” very soon after Cindy’s. We all laughed with the eyes looking at each other. I knew, my friends were feeling shy at that moment.


No comments: