Mar 2009
Hong Kong

It was Friday at Hong Kong! Miaw Miaw and I met up at WanChai station where we could have our snack lunch. Of course, the old friends hugged when they met! Haha! Miaw Miaw did her homework. She brought me to famous local food.

Chiu Yuen Chiu Chow Noodle, famous with its Chiu Chow noodles and crispy fish dishes. By lunch time, a long queue had formed outside the restaurant. Bear in mind, it is very common to share the table among other people. But, good food is always well worth to try! Just love the way it is!

Kam Fung Restaurant, Miaw Miaw would always bring me for egg-tart. This is a restaurant just next to the Chiu Yuen Chiu Chow Noodle. The queue at the door extended all the way to the street corner. We needed to stand for quite a while to get a seat. Thanks the shopman for shifting us to a better seat at a corner.

Miaw Miaw, Sue, Junyce and Huey are studying at Hong Kong. I had the chance to pay them a fleeting visit. Thanks Miaw Miaw for bringing me to her campus again. It’s really a good time catching up with them. What a pleasant long chat we had. I truly enjoyed the time meeting up you guys. All the best to you!

Miaw Miaw and I had dinner and not to forget Honeymoon Dessert after that. She was so sweet buying me a cake from a bakery shop. She intended to buy me a bigger cake. Anyway, Miaw, truly, a small piece of cake will be ample.

Something was actually cropped up at the bakery shop. The salesgirl impressed me most unfavorably. I’m afraid the customer service that provided mostly at Hong Kong has always been disappointing me. I was upset at not being impressed with their efficiency though.


Nonetheless, the bad incident didn’t snuff out our happy time. We were still in a cheerful frame of mind!


On Sunday, we met up again at Central. This time, Miaw Miaw brought me to experience the mid-levels travelator. This is worth taking a look as there are many interesting old shops. Posh and such. It is also a popular spot for its foreign restaurants and bars.

We made slow progress towards the mid till we reached Lan Fong Yuen, famous with its smooth ‘silk stocking milk tea’! I heard about it before and it indeed becomes a gem at Hong Kong. I opted to order loads. Had my warm milk tea. Indeed the food was yummy! We tried the carrot cakes, toast and noodles. Thumb’s up! Should try the pork chop bun one day!

Going market? Cooking? I will just trail off with a smile, then shrug. I blush to admit that I know nothing. According to Miaw Miaw, the stores and stalls over there have their ancient history. It was good to take a look and feel the ambience.

Again we had our egg tart at Tai Cheong Bakery! It’s just too crispy, fluffy and yummy! I was eating it outside the bakery. Oh no, you would agree that I need to have my lessons in deportment! But, it was just too strong a temptation for me to resist!

I was spending some time writing a ‘thank you’ card for Terence’s parents. They took good care of me throughout my seven-day-stay. Their kind hospitality was greatly appreciated.

And here, I’d got it done!

Heading to MongKok for my dessert at Hui Lau Shan Healthy Dessert! This is the dessert shop that I would never skip every time I was in Hong Kong. You could find Hui Lau Shan far and wide for delicious dessert!


Dinner at Orchard Garden Café and Restaurant! Remember this white decoration restaurant? This was the place where Miaw Miaw and I had our Chinese New Year’s Eve dinner last year! Yes, we went to the same place again! The place is simply comfortable, cozy and clean. And, the food would never disappoint us too!


Time to say goodbye again. There was no tearful parting for both of us that night. We believe, we’ll meet again some day. Thank you for the time and take care, friend! After going home, I kept skimming through the photos taken. Our memorable trip was just too sweet of all!

3 comments:

sinmiaw said...

Orchid Garden~~~
Come again, my treat!!!

sinmiaw said...

Picture Number 3:
clockwise> Huey, Jun, Lian, "KOOCHEE", Sue.

wakakakkaka~~~~

Annie Walker said...

wahaha! Miaw I got u!